Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Numero 68 ~ new 2nd Counselor

Hey fam! how is it going?? 
This week was awesome! Full of miracles!
As you will see in the pics I sent. We baptized the 3 people we planned. We had the wedding of the family and then baptized them right after. Also, we baptized the 23 year old named Efrain. It was so cool. I baptized all of them. Efrain was the biggest guy I have ever baptized in my mission. He is like 6´4. He is a big boy. He told me he loves basketball too so I guess it was just meant to be!
The baptisms were cool because we didnt have to pass by for any of them to bring them to their baptism and we didnt ever have to pass by on sunday for them to come get confirmed. That pretty much never happens here. They made things very stress free for us! It was a pretty sick wedding because there was another couple that was going to get married so we just did it at the same time with the same attorney! At the baptism, I saw a guy who was getting baptized and this guy was an investigador I had here right when I got to this area. I brought him to general conference and he loved it. I went back and we taught him about baptism and he was willing, but then moved and I never saw him again. On Saturday I saw him walk into the church and I asked him what he was doing and he shook my hand and told me he was getting baptized and was going to change his life. He gave me a big hug and looked so happy. It made me feel so good to see him again. After so much time of not seeing him and the other missionaries found him and helped him out. 

I was really happy to baptize this family. I have found pride in baptizing families and this is the first family I have baptized in Puerto. It is such a great feeling baptizing a family. 
This month we have a goal of baptizing 7 people. We put our goal really high and we are exercising a lot of faith. As of right now, we are at 4 baptisms. We never measure people as numbers but we always put goals to help ourselves work hard to find the people the lord has prepared for us. We have a couple weeks left and feel like we can do it. With the faith anthing is possible. 
Starting next week we are going to be seeing some changes here in Puerto. We are now going to have 2 meeting for just our ward. One in the morning in spanish and one in the afternoon of just miskito. It will be good now because we will have a better control of the members here and be able to help themand support them better, especially the ones that dont understand spanish very well they will benifit a lot more going in the afternoon in their own language to learn more about Jesus Christ. Our branch president had a meeting with us too this week and said he needed us to do more in the branch so he called me to be the 2nd Counselor of the branch and called my comp to be the Secretary of the branch. It is going to be so fun to be part of the branch presidency because I will be able to know the needs of the branch better. So we will see how that goes. We are not sustained yet but next sunday they will sustain us, so im really not suppost to tell any of the members her until we get sustained. Good stuff!
I hope everyone is enjoying the christmas season! It will be a good one! We always need to remember the Lord in all the things he has given us. It is a special season! I love christmas so much!!!!!
love yall!
Elder Sherle